Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving and stuff

Okay so after much much much MUCH nagging on the part of nyxie I am finally blogging again. Granted I have made her wait for two months, but I am not promising anything spectacular here. I will, however, try to post more often.

I managed to get out of the house finally. Yay me! The agoraphobia has been painfully in charge for the last several months.. so I had not been outside.. okay nobody faint here.. since July when I came back from Rachel's (my sister with the twins). I was starting to get a little stir crazy I guess, but not so much that the anxiety was pushed down enough for me to actually go somewhere. Going to Mom's (familiar territory) was safe.. so I went. Brandon and I spent a few days there over Thanksgiving.

We had a really wonderful turkey day. I almost stayed at Mom's and missed the activities because my arthritis in my legs was acting up, but one lil old hydrocodone later and I was on my way. I was nervous about going to my brother's house. I had not been there before and so I was not sure about maneuvering whatever steps or other mobility blocks I may have to encounter. I found when I got there that if Mom pulled right up in front I could just go down two steps.. walk three steps.. and I was inside.. where my wheelchair was already waiting for me. Easy peasy.. I was all set.

I know I had explained before about how my weight and legs keep me from getting around very well. Maybe now it is a little more clear about how this works against me with the agoraphobia too. It is bad enough having to go out.. but when I am going somewhere that I have never been.. the thought really terrifies me. Am I going to be able to get where I need to go before my legs give out.. am I going to fall... will I embarrass myself??? That is bad enough.. but the sociophobia makes it ten times worse if I am going to be in public. Doing this at a family encounter is not so bad. I know I have lots of love and support.. not to mention big guys to help me up. My brothers, brother-in-law and husband are all big strong guys. I am pretty safe there.

Soooooo.. for the actual deal. We had a ball. Seriously.. one of the best Thanksgivings I have ever had. There was way too much food, but it was all fabulous. We had a great time just spending time together. I always enjoy time with my family so much. We fight once in a while, but for the most part we really just laugh a lot and get along so well. My brother had a couple from church there. So that was a little more anxiety, but the people were so nice, and I was with family, so it was all really no problem. In fact, I really look forward to seeing them again at other family get-togethers I enjoyed them so much.

My brother has a Wii. I told Tony we have to have one. He says maybe in March.. we will see. Brandon and I had so much fun playing the Wii with everyone. Brandon kicked butt on almost everything he played, and I even beat my sister-in-law when we played tennis on it. I can play from my wheelchair! *laughs* I found out that I have a mean backhand. It really was a ball, and I think it would be good exercise for Brandon and for me as well if we had one. I know it would encourage me to move more, and that is always a good thing.

Brandon spent the rest of the weekend with Tony's sister. I was supposed to spend the time there too, but due to the monthly hell I came home. I just did not feel like dealing with it away from home. It was nice to have some time with Tony. We played some games on the computer together, and watched some TV.. hung out.. talked a lot. I never get tired of that. We really do enjoy our time, and we have such interesting conversations some times.

Oh.. if you like Sci Fi.. you have to check out Sci Fi channel's program called Sanctuary. It has Amanda Tapping in it. She was on Stargate SG-1. Tony and I love it. We watch it on the internet.. from the Sci Fi channel website. Check it out.

Okay.. this should be more than enough to satisfy nyxie.. lol. I am going to go help the kid do homework since he just walked in.

Love y'all. *smooches*

1 comment:

Nyxmyst said...

I've seen Sanctuary.. it's pretty hit or miss with me.

Did you watch Teeth yet?