Sunday, February 8, 2009

Anti-Valentine

I had several long phone conversations with one of my BFFs this week. Among other interesting and not-so topics was the fact that Valentine's day is coming soon here. She hates it for several really good reasons. No.. I am not going to share them with you. I just agree she has good reason to hate the holiday to pieces.

Once you have been married for a while.. the day usually comes and goes with little fanfare. Tony and I do not exchange cards or gifts anymore, but we do take the time to cuddle up and watch a movie or something together then do obscene sexual stuff. Okay, okay.. we do that a lot anyway.. but you get the picture. Once in a blue moon he brings flowers... but since I prefer live ones to dead ones I generally ask that he wait and just plant some outside instead.

Our first Valentine together pretty much got Tony off the hook for all the ones in the future. He bought me an absolutely gorgeous painting, and we went to get my nipples repierced. It really is not hard to make me happy.

Now that the kid is old enough to understand that a closed door is not an invitation to bang on the door and holler for us.. it is easier to get some privacy. It is even better to ship him off to his aunt's house to spend time with his cousin. I am still not sure what plans we have for this year, but since Tony's buddy is staying with us for a while I can guarantee that we will not be running around the house naked. Dammit!

Anyhow.. back to my BFF. I wanted to do something special for her.. something that pays homage to what I think are her general feelings about the holiday. So here ya go Sis. Love you bunches.

The J. Geils Band - Love Stinks

You love her
But she loves him
And he loves somebody else
You just can't win
And so it goes
Till the day you die
This thing they call love
It's gonna make you cry
I've had the blues
The reds and the pinks
One thing for sure

(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah

Two by two and side by side
Love's gonna find you yes it is
You just can't hide
You'll hear it call
Your heart will fall
Then love will fly
It's gonna soar
I don't care for any casanova thing
All I can say is
Love stinks

(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah

I've been through diamonds
I've been through minks
I've been through it all
Love stinks

(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah
(Love stinks)
Love stinks yeah yeah

*smooches*

4 comments:

Divine Chaos said...

*giggles* thankies thankies ... that's close to how I feel about it, but there's something missing .. probably just needs a few more words like fuck and shit in there .. and a poison black arrow in cupid's grip that he's gonna jam right into some piece of shit's eye. yep, that would just about do it.

Anonymous said...

I just buy a new toy every year, for every "day" v-day, birthday, Christmas, flag day, Columbus day, nascar day, whatever.

Nyxmyst said...

Oh comeon, V-day isn't THAT bad. We get all those amusing newpaper articles, after all. Like how to take your loved one out for a romantic dinner at waffle house.

yay waffle house?

Anna Lefler said...

Hey, that's my Valentine anthem, too!

Yessss.

:^) Anna